Welcome to the Master Programme Application Portal
Thank you for your interest in the Master programmes of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Göttingen. Our varied range of more than 30 Master programmes offers you the possibility to study in an interdisciplinary, innovative and international way.
Before starting the application, please take good notice of the information provided on our website:
For the online application, you will need to upload the following documents in PDF or JPEG format:
- a CV in German or English containing a meaningful representation of the candidate’s educational career and a recent photo;
- Transcript of Records detailing the credits received including the average grade; certified German or English translations are required if the originals are not in English or German;
- outlining the contents of your bachelor study programme;
- if appropriate, a motivational letter up to two pages regarding your selected master programme in reference to your passed course of education;
- if already available: (BA) degree certificate; certified German or English translations are required if the originals are not in English or German;
All international applicants must show proof of:
German language skills
at level C1 of the CEFR (at least DSH-2 oder 4xTDN4), unless you have acquired your university entrance qualification (A-levels certificate/school-leaving certificate) in Germany. Applicants for the Master programmes taught exclusively in English are exempt from this requirement.
- For the master study TransRomania a German certificate on the level B2 (DSH-1 or TestDaF min. 4xTDN3) is required.
Please notice, that you can only upload one file for each document which can contain multiple pages. Merge all pages into a single file before uploading.
Select a Master programme